Rapidly growing engineering firm headquartered in San Diego, CA is seeking a highly motivated professional AutoCAD Drafter as full-time employees to support the Department of Veterans Affairs in Minneapolis, MN on new projects and renovations of various building types including federal office buildings, federal hospitals, clinics, laboratories, warehouses.
- On-Site AutoCAD verification/site walks
- Consolidating the existing as-built documentation.
- Creating each building on campus in a single AutoCAD model for the entire campus.
- Ensure all files are in conformance with client AutoCAD standards.
Associates of Science in Engineering from an ABET-accredited University or equivalent certification or a 2 year Associates/Drafter certification.
- 5 years AutoCAD experience
- Have proven experience and be well versed working in and updating AutoCAD files that contain up to several hundred files and cross-references.
- Excellent computer skills and ability to use AutoCAD, Revit, Adobe PDF, Blue Beam or similar, and MS Office products.
- Knowledge of
- construction practices and techniques.
- safety practices in the construction industry i.e. OSHA
- applicable building codes.
- Ability to
- evaluate proper systems to meet scope requirements.
- verify the adequacy of building systems.
- interpret/coordinate Architectural/Engineering plans and specifications.
- Familiarity with modem construction products.
- In-depth experience in interpreting construction drawings and specifications on construction projects.
- Experience in making materials take-offs for construction work, pricing value of needed work, and negotiating equitable contract adjustments.
- Due to nature of the work, US Citizenship is required
- Ability to clear background security investigations for contractors in accordance with VA Directive and Handbook 0710, Personnel Suitability and Security Program