Engineering firm providing project and construction management and engineering services across the globe is looking for a Land Development/Site Engineer. This position is located in Denver, CO or Covington, LA but is open for remote work for exceptional candidates.
Provide full range of civil engineering design services for cemeteries, hospitals, office buildings, and other projects for federal government clients including but not limited to the following:
- Preparation of civil engineering drawings and project specifications
- Solid experience in hydrology, hydraulics, sanitary sewer collection systems, water distribution systems, grading and drainage planning, storm water drainage system, water quality/retention/detention ponds, erosion and sediment control plans including NPDES requirements, storm water pollution prevention plans (SWPPP), and roadway design.
- Conduct engineering studies and prepare technical reports
- Perform engineering calculations and analysis
- Provide construction inspection and/or administration services; conduct site visits; and make presentations.
- Coordination of design efforts with other design disciplines, sub-consultants and clients
- Responsible for quality and accuracy of deliverables as well as the work of design team members under his/her supervision.
- Provide direction, oversight, and training to junior engineers and designers.
- Perform design reviews including inter-disciplinary reviews, code compliance, and constructability.
- Respond to Requests for Information (RFI) and review contractor’s submittals.
- Provide engineering consultation during construction
- Review scopes of work for Architectural-Engineer (A-E) design projects and provide accurate level of effort to produce a complete set of civil engineering design documents
Up to 20% travel across the United States and overseas may be required.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- B.S. in Civil Engineering from an ABET or NAAB accredited school
- Professional Engineering License in any state within the US
- Minimum 10 years of experience on engineering design teams as civil engineer
- Experience in preparing design drawings/plans, specifications, technical correspondence, and written reports
- Proficient with AutoCAD and Civil 3D, including roadway, utilities, and site grading design experience.
- Must be able to direct the surveyors to collect required information in the field and then analyze and synthesize the survey data in AutoCAD Civil 3D to produce complete set of civil engineering plans independently (without any additional support from a drafter).
- Ability to write and speak clearly and effectively
- Ability to travel across the United States and overseas
- Must have a valid driver license and insurable driving record.
Desired Experience & Qualifications:
- Experience working on civil engineering design for cemeteries and healthcare facilities
- Experience working on US Department of Veterans Affairs or US Army Corp of Engineers or US Department of Energy projects
- Functional knowledge of Autodesk Revit & MicroStation
- Experience with site surveying