Engineering firm providing project and construction management and engineering services across the globe is looking for a Construction/Architectural Inspector. This position is located in Tampa, FL and will assist the US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) Senior Resident Engineer (SRE/ACO) by providing Quality Assurance inspections of architecture and construction to ensure compliance within contract requirements.
Specific Experience / Skills:
Construction, renovation and commissioning of medical facilities similar to a hospital bed tower.
Acoustic/sound enclosures, life safety/emergency egress, building envelope, medical equipment coordination
USACE's 3-Phase QC/Inspection process and EM 385-1-1.
Building systems unique to VA hospitals (special filtration on HVAC systems, special plumbing features to mitigate the occurrence of Legionella, Infectious Control Procedure, medical equipment, etc.).
Physically capable of walking a significant portion of the day and climb the occasional ladder.
Shall have a minimum of five (5) years experience in their field of expertise.
· Must be able to communicate fluently English.
· Minimum of five (5) or more years of field construction experience on projects with multiple disciplines and vertical and horizontal components with a value in excess of $10 million.
· Familiarity with 3 phase inspections, CPM schedules and safety programs such as OSHA and EM-385-1.
· Understanding of the role of owner, architect-engineer, contractor, and subcontractor relationships
· Required Education: Architect: Bachelor’s degree in Architecture from an accredited 4-year college or university.
· Must be Computer Literate and able to use various data systems: RMS, Office 365, Procore
Compensation & Benefits:
This is a full-time position offering a competitive compensation package including full benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and 401k.