National Engineering firm providing project management, construction management and engineering services is seeking an experienced full-time Construction Inspector for their location in Des Moines, IA.
This position's first project will perform work for a government agency client located in Des Moines, IA. The work will be for both new construction projects and renovations of existing buildings with some historic properties. Project will range from small remodeling or repairs to multi-million-dollar new buildings or major renovations of existing buildings. This is an excellent position for gaining experience and career growth in a wide variety of projects.
- Monitor construction sites periodically to ensure overall compliance.
- Use survey instruments, metering devices, and test equipment to perform inspections.
- Inspect plumbing, electrical, and other systems to ensure that they meet code.
- Verify alignment, level, and elevation of structures to ensure building compliance.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Five (5) years specialized experience related to construction inspections in a healthcare setting
- Formal training or experience in construction inspection
- Five (5) years construction experience with a focus on field-based construction management.
- Construction experience in healthcare settings
- Excellent communication both spoken and in writing
- Knowledge of applicable codes related to their disciplines.
- Ability to evaluate proper systems to meet scope requirements.
- Ability to verify the adequacy of building systems related to their respective disciplines.
- Ability to interpret/coordinate Architectural/Engineering plans and specifications.
- Familiarity with modern construction products (i.e., quality, uses, and applications).
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of building code and Joint Commission requirements for healthcare facilities and is able to work with permitting agencies.
- Scheduling and coordination of project interactions among existing and newly occupied facilities.
- Ability to integrate competing and/or conflicting elements into the planning and execution processes so that project requirements flow smoothly.
- Experience and familiarity with Federal and local government building projects, and with procedural, review, and approval requirements.
- In-depth experience in interpreting construction drawings and specifications on construction projects.
- Familiarity with related engineering fields, including civil, mechanical, and electrical disciplines.
- Ability to use and access government agency Master Specifications, Design Guides, and Design Manuals
- Ability and experience in the inspection of materials, workmanship, and construction and installation of various systems (such as fire alarm systems) within the inspector's area of expertise.
- Familiarity with International Building Code, NFPA (including NFPA 101 Life Safety Code), OSHA requirements, and general healthcare design
- Full knowledge of engineering and architectural concepts, principles, and practices for the design, layout, and construction of medical facilities, associated buildings, parking, roadways, and site utilities.
- Experience with ADA compliant construction, remodeling, and renovations
- Able to read, understand and apply standard to complex documents affecting construction project, including but not limited to: agreements/contracts, work letters, project charters, surveys and drawings.
- Experience with healthcare-specific construction project management, both renovations and new construction.
- Ability to obtain government agency computer access by successfully passing a security screening, which may include fingerprinting, financial, and criminal background checks.
Full Benefits package:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance