Growing Engineering firm is seeking a full-time Mechanical Engineer to join a dynamic and growing consulting practice. We are looking for motivated candidates who can grow with this department. The selected applicant will conduct commissioning, retro-commissioning energy audits, and limited design assistance services on a variety of property types. Experience performing commissioning, cost/benefit analyses on energy improvements is a requirement for applying to this position.
This position will require you to perform field inspections of government, commercial, industrial, multifamily residential, manufacturing, and institutional properties. You will collect relevant information to help redesign Energy Conservation Measures (ECMs), perform energy benchmarking, and cost analysis. Some projects will require energy modeling with eQUEST, TREAT, or similar software. The ideal candidate will be adaptive to working with all property types, and knowledgeable with regard to a variety of HVAC systems.
The successful candidate may also be expected help perform commissioning activities, construction verification, and field functional testing. Depending on project capacity, this candidate may also be expected to assist in limited mechanical design.
- Performance of energy audits
- Commissioning of new construction buildings.
- Retro-commissioning experience and ECM Determination
- A professional degree in mechanical engineering
- An understanding of and experience with a variety of HVAC systems
- Familiarity with ASHRAE standards
- LEED AP credential a plus
- Commissioning certification a plus (CxA, CCCP, NEBB)
- Excellent report writing skills, computer and internet skills
- Excellent communication and management skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to complete assignments on-time and within budget
- Ability to travel on short notice (1 week or less).
BS in Engineering or related fields
EIT Required, Commissioning Certification a Plus