Published date: 11/08/2019
A large international law firm has an immediate opening for a patent paralegal.
- preparing, coordinating, and filing patent applications with the USPTO, outside counsel, and foreign associates/agents
- maintaining a close working relationship with patent agents to prepare and file formal documents for U.S. and international filings
- ensuring legal documents are processed and handled in a timely and efficient manner in order to comply with appropriate USPTO regulations and deadlines
- providing practice-related support to attorneys and professionals within the Intellectual Property Practice
- calendaring and monitoring filing deadlines for all U.S. and foreign patent applications
- maintaining daily docket
- typing correspondence and memos
- drafting, proof-reading, and formatting legal documents
- Administrative duties may include:
- preparing expense reports
- scheduling meetings
- managing calendars and maintaining databases
- making travel arrangements
- other duties as assigned
- Must be flexible, detail-oriented, and thrive in a setting where priorities may shift as this is a fast-paced but friendly environment
- Must have solid knowledge of USPTO rules and forms and demonstrate proven proficiency and experience filing patent applications with the USPTO and USPCT
- Must be confident using PAIR and USPTO databases
- Demonstrated attention to detail, good judgment, and decision-making abilities are key
The ideal candidate will have:
- five or more years of patent experience
- excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational and analytical skills
- The ability to interact professionally with all levels of personnel, and willing to assist others is a requirement in this team and client-focused position.
- Must be comfortable with larger firm procedures and know how to use resources wisely.
- Must have a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite 2010 or above, Adobe Acrobat Pro, CMS, Cpi, Worksite or other document management systems.
- Flexibility for overtime is needed.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience required.
- Experience with Records Management software is a plus.