Seeking a full-time Construction Superintendent Field Engineer to join a dynamic and growing mechanical engineering consulting practice. We are looking for motivated candidates who can grow with this department. The selected applicant will conduct construction management services. Experience performing job site management, field verification, and quality control verification is a requirement for applying to this position.
This position will require you to perform field inspections of government, commercial, industrial, multifamily residential, and institutional properties. The ideal candidate will be adaptive to working with all property types, and knowledgeable with regard to a variety of Architectural and MEP systems.
The successful candidate may also be expected help perform commissioning activities, construction verification, and field functional testing. Depending on project capacity, this candidate may also be expected to assist in limited mechanical design.
· Support consolidation and management of all Warranty programmatic information via a centralized repository, to include associated duties necessary to ensure completion of warranty issue resolution.
· Providing documentation of all warranty tickets to include FMS submission and provide documented observations during routine inspections and daily walks. Provide a detailed report of any deficiencies noted on inspection to the Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) within 2 business days of inspection.
· Act as an owner’s representative with the general contractor when deficiencies are identified to discuss warranty applicability and support issue resolution.
· Support the creation of work orders within Maximo, FMS system of record, for warranty related work.
· Perform full complement of MEP (mechanical, electrical, and plumbing) inspection activities to validate status, existence and constructability review compatibility assessments for activation of furniture, fixtures and equipment (FF&E).
· Prepare change requests on behalf of medical center operations to include CAD drawing modification, Scopes of Work, preliminary cost estimates, specification writing and justification of need. Utilize multi-disciplinary trade knowledge to assess constructability reviews and respond to Activation and Construction Contract RFIs (Request for Information) and Action Items issues.
· Coordinating, directing, monitoring and inspecting the delivery of all subcontractors and suppliers.
· Internal communication focal for assigned new developments.
· Verification of job completion and site readiness after delivery of work by subcontractors at the job site.
· Managing city and 3rd party inspections and building/maintaining positive relationships with assigned agents.
· Maintaining a thorough and complete understanding of the general contract and all subcontracts, contract drawings, and specifications.
· Delivery management of warranty requests in coordination with warranty queue manager.
The ideal candidate possesses effective communication skills and a proven track record in supervising construction.
. Time management skills and drive for quality are critical for success in the role. The ideal candidate would also demonstrate:
· 2-3 years experience with construction inspection
· Completion of a related associate's degree or any bachelor's degree
· Knowledge of COH construction codes and requirements necessary for MEP inspections.
BS in Construction Management or other related associate’s degree
Contractors License a plus
We offer a competitive compensation, bonus opportunities, group medical & dental insurance, 401k plan, profit sharing with employer contribution, and paid vacation/holidays.